Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Is it really us ?

I'm giving it the same title as I want to relate what I'm writing here to that video.

Is the web actually connecting us ? I think It has a clear purpose of usability, meaning there is a lot of information allowing people to use it more than ever. Books, movies, encyclopedias... information that used to sit on a dusted shelf, now is one-click away. That is the biggest wonder of all civilization.

But along with that, some new problems are raised, such as credibility, deep human values, ethics, privacy. Are we ready to re-think all that ?

Mostly I want to emphasize the idea that there are so many people out there not connected to the internet, not even a phone... So, what about them ?

I am not into this "big conspiracy theory" but I am not sure to the expense of what we are presumably inter - "connected". Maybe At Our very own individuality, making us think we're getting closer, when, in fact, it is just operating on the well-known principle "Divide Et Impera"... Do you believe in that ?

No comments: