Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers.
Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage payments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose D.I.Y. and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
I have seen Trainspotting tonight, for the second time. I hate seeing movies twice. The only other movie that I have seen 3 times before is Shawshank Redemption that was and still is, my all time favourite. But back to Trainspotting again... this movie is brilliant, the script is bloody unbelievable. Also... I absolutely love the soundtrack; and the start.... the start and the end are amazing. This sentence "Choose life", I have to say had a major influence on my life. I would not be here, in England, with this great guy if I hadn't seen the movie and heard that line.... "Choose life". I have never heard something so positive put in such few words. It's so bloody simple and us, people are so masochistic that we get caught in all kind of shit. It's like a rush of blood to the head, like taking a hit of life into your own stinking misery.
Cheers everyone and good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment