Hey, I have just seen the new Halifax ad (it's not new anymore since it's been running for some time on TV, but the latest in the series) and loved it so much. Usually, I am not a big fan of singing and dancing in movies, therefore adverts are not tolerated either. But this one.. I don't know... it's not only trying to sell so much, be funny and get into our hearts, but also puts some heart instead.
I must say I absolutely love the guy that stands up in the waves part and is completely out of rythm, but he is so sweet and happy. That guy makes the whole commercial worth a million bucks.
The intergration of the Halifax ads is this Howard guy who starts singing, reminding the viewers of previous communication messages. Plus, the windows from Halifax are usually covered with Howard presenting the new offer.
The message of the ad, 10% interest is quite annoying, like all financial stuff. Plus, the top of buildings are not very nice to look at. I don't really like the busy street or the suits of the business people. The allusion (more like trying to be funny) to Titanic... well, let's just say I think British humour is completely stupid.
But I like the water and the sail of the ship. And the happy guy that stands up a second later than everybody else and remains standing while everybody is sitting down. Happy guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment