Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

How to get into online marketing?

I find myself extremely frustrated. I am very interested in online marketing and have therefore tried to get a job in SEO/Social Media and so on. I haven't had any luck and the frustrating bit is the fact that I don't know how to improve my performance for the next interview.

I can blame it on a multitude of factors, such as recession is making any role a huge deal and there is a lot of competition. Being a graduate with no commercial exposure to SEO doesn't really help either. When I see a graduate role that says they require passion for the field, I think the fact that I read a lot about it and would love to build a long term career in this is enough. But somehow it doesn't seem to be.

Because I always get the same response: they chose somebody with more knowledge and expertise. So where does that leave me? What is that extra mile I have to go ? How can I get experience and working knowledge if nobody actually gives me the chance to do it?

These are strange times, I am aware of that, but I still feel I am missing something.

No comments: