So... from red pandas to foxes, you can have this whole illusion of what your world is going to be and yet you might wake up one morning and realise it's all been for nothing. Because people change and they get carried away by circumstances, instead staying focused on what they actually started with.
You might take me to the big dance floor and yet I would still not be yours. You might even make me fall in love with you, just melt, absolutely lose control of myself when I am around you, and I would still not be yours. You can have this amazing strength and make me feel so small and tiny. You make me feel like I could be a part of you because you can just so easily carry me from your sofa to your bedroom. I would just helplessly hold on to you, feeling your arms all around me, knowing that I won't fall.
But what if I do? I know you won't be there to catch me. I know that you can barely be there to land if you fall. I know that you never miss me or that you never actually organically just want me there with you so bad that it makes you crazy - that your feelings for me are never that strong to make you do anything spontaneous or crazy - like show up on my doorstep out of nowhere and just kiss me and tell how much you've missed my body.
For all those reasons, I will never be yours. For all those reasons, I can never give myself completely to you and I know you don't even care about any of this blah-blah crap. I know you've got your own fucked up world to deal with.
And it's 6am on a Sunday morning I am going to get into the arms of someone who does care enough to take me home when you can't even go down 2 stories to take me to my car. Or anywhere else for that matter. Nowhere, that's where we're going baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment