Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

quitting my job and travelling

Of course this is the dream of many. Including me. How many times have I sat, on a Sunday night before starting a new week at work, thinking how would it be if I didn't have to go to work on Monday? 

How would I feel? How happy, how carefree, how amazing would I feel? And especially at the start of all of this, knowing I've got the next 4 months ahead of me to travel and do whatever I like. 

To tell you the truth, it's freacking scary, as well as all of the above. It's a bit daunting and just the right amount of adrenaline to keep it interesting. It's like a fucking massive leap into the unknown. 

It's the little things that I'm enjoying right now. No Sunday evening dreading to start a new week, feeling the weekend was not enough. It's a continuous fucking weekend! All the time!

Being able to go to sleep late - really late, like however late I bloody want to go to sleep or as early. Because it doesn't matter. I've got no restrictions, no restrictions!!! On waking up the next day. 

Also I'm enjoying eating when I get hungry rather than when it's lunchtime at work or because I got home after work etc. 

I'm walking, swimming - reading more. So much freedom. 

And scary. My leap of faith was not only taken to quit my job and go traveling for 4 months, but it was to get back and travel (in a couple of weeks) with my ex and make things work between us. It's a great adventure and a massive challenge. 

It's a lot of people's dream. And when I went into contracting, it was also mine. And perhaps not planned much, but it's the way of the universe. It was always going to happen, but I only found out about it not long ago. 

I'm still getting used to the idea. My first night alone, I finally got a chance to breathe and think about it all. I'm in a apartment suite, in a beautiful snowy Moscow, in the Savoy hotel. Flying back to London tomorrow. And then to the Philippines and beyond. I will be meeting the most amazing guy in Sydney in 2 weeks from now. I love him enormously. And he can't wait to see me. I am a very in love and happy girl. Until next time...

No comments: