Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Nissan Qashqai ad - City Living

Nissan has launched a sequel to their "Skateboard" TV ad, named 'City Living'.



I don't know if you have seen the old Nissan Qashqai TV ad with some guy using the car as a skateboard through the city, with the campaign title"UrbanProof", but I thought that was a big change for car manufacturer Nissan whose brand name has a perception problem. I do not associate Nissan with anything in a car: performance, quality, roughness, sophistication etc. More like.. it's not credible to even sell cars because I don't see the point in it. But maybe that's just me and they managed to build some sort of brand image with other people.

Anyway, with their "Skateboard" TV ad Nissan is trying to change some perceptions and also integrate it with their tagline, "shift convention". I think they are doing a good job and patience is a virtue, so time will prove it.

Their new tv spot with the buildings picking up the car and passing it around as in a game was shot in Argentinian city Buenos Aires's busiest street, Avenue Corrientes. This was closed for a weekend for the ad to be filmed.

Spotlight on the car, alright... but I don't quite get the music in both the ads, maybe because I am not in their target market. Is it trying to position it as a more up market car for the urban living passionates? Even for that market, still believe the music could be a little more involving, after all, there is a game going on there, right? Maybe they want to reveal the difference between the tumultuous life in the big cities and the relaxing experience of driving the car. But the music is still not in line with that, isn't it?

Oh, forgot the most important thing... WHAT IS IT WITH THE HORRIFIC NAME???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.