One of the most interesting things is how trees can grow from the sand and you can lie in the shadow, on the beach and watch the beautiful sea.
And these trees were, even more unsually, like pine trees, you would've thought you were in the mountains. Usually, you have to be sweatty and want a perfet tan to lie on the beach. But here, it's green everywhere and the sun is so powerfull that you get a really good tan just by walking a little bit around the coast. And you turn brown imediately. No sun burns!
I have been to Santa Ponca, which is on the west side of the island because I wanted to see the sun set into the water all my life. I must say I did not have the chance to do it all the way and that is partly why I am going back there. Let me tell you why. There are little bays everywhere so you have to be just on the right angle to see the sun actually setting into the sea. Otherwise, you will see it going away behind a big rock.
After renting a car to see more of the rocky side of the island (which is astonishing), we thought we should find the perfect spot.
We had a map, so we tried to think where it would be perfect for that, drove through some really tiny trails and waited. We were 1 h away from The Moment. But because it is an island we are talking about, the sky became blurry and a bunch of clouds set in, exactly that night, our last night there. We had wonderfull sunsets all the days before. Oh, well... it just means we have to go back, right?
There is no point in me telling you the real spanish made paella has nothing to do with anything you have ever eaten or the sangria..... And the nachos..... Almost too good to be true...
So, I am left with a hunger for that beautiful sun and green and sea breeze. I wish England would be a little bit more south. Is it too much to ask? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment