It's 8:30pm. Afternoon after work, just one ordinary afternoon after an ordinary day at work. This is quite extraordinary as only in march this year I didn't have any job prospects, no future ideas, no plans and no hope in these hard times.
Now... I have just had my New Staff Appraisal, completed a bit later than 3 months. Already?!?1 Time melts away, days come and go right out the window. Just looking forward to weekends now - life is simple: Monday (hate it), Tuesday (hate it), Wednesday (still hate it but starting to count the days till Friday), Thursday (it is so close to Friday that it is almost friendly) and, an, and.. Almighty FRIDAY has come - my favourite day of the week - not Saturday or Sunday, but sweet Friday... The anticipation, the mystery of waking up late on Saturday. No more cereals and milk, no more packing a sandwich for lunch and, most important I can go slip right back into bed whenever I feel like it.
Not that I do actually. Work has made me more active-seeking. I simply need to do more stuff now in the weekends that I used to. I do not whether it is the lack of time that has made me treasure it more or the getting used to working all week and then not being able to switch off.
Maybe it's both.
I have become acquainted with the whole menu of grown-up working life: coming home from work and eating home late, watching TV way too much, not having enough energy to do the things I want.
I hate it. Completely, utterly hate it. How can I rebel against it?
No comments:
Post a Comment