So everybody says how much of a big deal is meeting his mum.
All my friends were completely frantic after I coolly told them: I had a nice weekend, visited his home town and popped over to play with his dog and see his mum.
Oh, and that didn’t freak you out? Oh, but that is so important!
What the fuck? What happened to just meeting a nice person and spending your Saturday curled up around a fluffy dog with a cup of tea and chatting away with this wonderful woman whom you’ve just met?
Talking about past experiences of England and Romania, growing up, cultural values, teenagers and parents and all sorts of history facts that influenced us all. That sounds right to me.
No, no, you’ve got to make the right impression – what did you wear, where did you meet, how did he introduce you?
I was wearing my only pair or jeans that I brought for the weekend over at his place and a Superman T-shirt. We called about 5 minutes before and he said – I am at the Tesco’s around the corner with Andra.
I bought her flowers. I love flowers and I always buy things that I like for other people. Plus, it is common sense when you go to anybody’s house for the first time.
I sat on the floor and she said she likes my trainers. I like them too - very colourful and hippie.
I said I don't like fizzy drinks - she looked at P. and said "she's perfect!" - in the most adorable, funny voice.
I should have freaked out by this point - I don't want to get married and have children, what the hell am I doing?
I love people - I love meeting people and getting to know them.
I love dogs.
I loved my Saturday in this dim light of the living room, with Rupert sat next to me, in a chilly British house - that felt more like home than I have ever felt since I came into the UK.
No comments:
Post a Comment