Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My e-mail:

i just want a boyfriend! a boyfriend that i don't have to talk for a few minutes per day to find out what his life is like. his life, that has nothing in common with mine. a boyfriend that i won't need to speak to just because he is too far away to share anything else with me (his heart, the bed, the air around). i want a boyfriend that can be there for me when i need him, a boyfriend that can have his own life and his own hobbies, but at the end of the day, even if we don't speak, i'll know just by breathing him that his arms is where i want to be in.

i want a boyfriend that can take care of me and make me feel that i can just forget about the world and it will all be good because i am with him.

right now, i can do NONE of those. nothing. because i don't have a boyfriend. i have no support, no friend, no nothing.

a sex buddy at best. that is all i have. just a guy that i have sex with in the weekends.

what the fuck is so special about that?

His E-mail back:

I have a girlfriend who I love and I adore. I speak to her everyday – so that
my heart knows she is safe and ok and also to let my head know not to panic, steal
a car and drive up to liverpool, to see for my self.

Our lives are so perfectly shaped for each other: the fundamental stuff is solid on top
- the insignificant stuff floats like oil on top of water.

My girlfriend and I took upon ourselves a great challenge: to move to a part of the
country we didn’t want to and to change our career path to something we had
no experience of while having a loving relationship.

I have a gift: I am able to stand back to see the whole picture and how it will unfold but also repaint parts of it that I need to. The picture I see shows us both happy soon
and for a very long time, so maybe I don't have her in my arms right
now, or go to sleep with her every night like I want to. That's the thing - the vision I have is not a short run to last three years, it's a life time together with all the richness it has to offer.

Life won't always be filled with the big items like holidays, marriage ceremonies, work or moving homes. It is filled with all the tiny details - the moments you get to steal together to fill in the gaps between the big things, the conversations (no matter what or how they are done), the making of a movie to make sure the other person knows you find them sexy and you want to be with them, the email of ideas to get their opinion cause you respect their views.

These may not be the classics - like eating with them or coming home with flowers but they are affection. We now live in a world that takes 24hrs to spin around - yet the people and their lives spin faster than this and over the whole planet. You have to have someone special, someone to join in the rat race with you. Each day is
a battle for both and one has to be stronger and faster than the other; while the other is smarter and more cautious. This is why I don't have a girlfriend, I don't even have a sex buddy or a weekend fuck, or some shag just to fill a need. I have a life partner.

And it doesn't matter how far away we are from each other or what we are doing - we always think of the other person and it don't matter how big the challenges are in
the future such as becoming pregnant, moving to London, travelling the world, your bf kneeling on one knee in a cliche moment asking you to be with him and only him for the rest of your days, final maths exam, wanting a boy and getting a healthy daughter, having flu, winning £10 on the lottery, looking at schools and having to move, cooking a great big meal for the family and friends to show off how awesome we are, finding out your life partner is very ill, sitting with children (yea I snook another one in) and telling them being a stronger family unit going from just two to four to support each other, leading the pack the right way and putting your hand up going whoops got lost and been laughed at for no sense of direction.

All the big stuff and all the small stuff no matter how different and unconformist it is done. Sometimes you need to look sideways to see the whole picture - these are why
I love my life partner and not my girlfriend who can cheat and be easily replaced or my fuck buddy who comes over to just satisfy her own basic emotional and physical needs or the weekend shag that gives me clap.
What me and her get is something so much richer!

I love you lots Andra which is why I can tell you to man up a bit!

People have survived wars, poverty and still been together after it all.

Now post this on your blog, convert it to Romanian print it out and stick it on your
wall at home, at work, in the car but learn that I love you lots and you’re not getting rid of me so easily!!!

No comments: