I really love living in London. Went Christmas shopping on Oxford Street, while it was closed. A sea of people and lights, buzz everywhere - I absolutely loved the atmosphere.
Or popping into an old record store in Soho to buy some vinyls, where you can listen to really good, old music and have admired the covers of albums that I only ever saw on the screen on my computer.
Got to meet up with some friends and had a pint in a buzzing pub in the middle of the week. London loves and breathes every hour of every day.
Went to skate in one of the outdoor rinks right next to the London eye, the view was magnificent. Then went to Picollino, a lovely restaurant off Regent Street, where they make the best cocktails I've ever had - and the best pizza and the best proper fries!!!
Went to "our local cinema" in the O2 at Greenwich and was again entertained by the masses of people on a Tuesday evening too, as well as Hugo, one of the best films I've seen in a while.
And then there's coming home every evening to Patrick - when we can watch some TV shows together. Or having a weekend to do nothing together, and just listen to the noise outside.
Regarding the noise, I am now permanently sleeping with headphones and the sound of ocean waves. Also, sleeping head to toe - to at least be in the same bed but have more space for my back. And sneakingly change in the morning to get a cuddle before we get out of bed.
I am still in pain with my back. Unfortunately, I had a few days in which I had less pain, but the pain came back. Now it is constant. I am not really sure what is causing it, as I have changed my desk at work to include foot rests and back support etc, but not helping. That is my biggest problem at the moment and trying not to make too much fuss about it, but it is affecting me in ways I don't want it to.
No comments:
Post a Comment