Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

My holiday in Bucharest

I rested, I went out, acted like I was 17 again, been a child of 10 years old, been spoiled, danced and got drunk, threw up in the toilet of my favourite club, saw a live gig, had a fantastic beer, been in a dodgy terrace, that is no longer dodgy cause they actually have made a successful business out of it, had a bagel with olives and melted cheese in it plus an apple and cinnamon bagel that was the best thing I have had in years.

I have slept in perfect darkness, with no noise, sat in the sun, looked at green trees across the street in the forest, has 4 barbecues in a week, got a bit sunburnt, put on 50 SPF factor protection, read a book, cooked, went shopping and drove around for hours stuck in traffic. Spent some great time with mum and gran, went to my grandfather’s grave and lit some candles.

Wore 2 dresses in 2 days, was so warm that everyone stared at me on the tube for being underdressed. Had some fantastic goats cheese and home-made fries. Got woken up with kisses from mum, got driven to the city centre to party and then picked up by my parents – yes, at 27!!. 

Lied to my parents, briefed friends to cover tracks – yes, still 27!!! Had the best Italian ice cream, walked in heels all of Bucharest’s city centre and felt very comfortable in them and with myself for wearing them.

Watched crap TV, discussed business plans, jobs and future careers, FaceTimed my boyfriend, used iMessage to the max, taught my mum how to use a laptop, realised I have lost most of photos from my entire life, stunk like cigarette smoke after going out, tried to air my clothes and failed and made friends with a dog that a week ago would have eaten me alive.
I loved it! All of it! Wouldn’t change a single bit!






No comments: