So I've met a mystery guy. A guy I cannot figure out.
I am good at figuring people out. This is what I do. I meet someone and I can just smell... the insecurity, the stupidity, the awkwardness, the traumas they carry. I can map them out, inside out and then I can use all of that information to create connection.
Or I choose to step away.
Within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone for the first time, I can tell you more than 50% of their personality. The next 5 will give me even more.
But... what do I do when I am faced with.... questions and a gut feeling that I am quite far away from that deep core that I can so clearly see in people.
So... this guy .... he is good looking, he is successful; he is intelligent, he is adventurous, has many friends and involved in all sorts of activities. He is honest. He doesn't have secrets. He doesn't seem to do dramas and he is modest to the point of no return. He is also self-assured, quietly confident. That confidence that comes from deep roots within and is scarily grounded.
He seems to be polite, caring and affectionate enough, but not smothering.
He is organised, clean and tidy. He is de-cluttered. He is the most determined man I've ever met. His attention to detail is scary.
On top of all of that ... He is an introvert and he is shy. I cannot quite put my finger on it. I am not sure if he is slightly insecure being around people. I am not quite sure if human interaction and communication are slightly un-natural for him.
I cannot flaw the man and I'm normally the first person who can easily criticise an angel. I can see improvement, development and imperfection anywhere.
He has a .... glass wall. I am not sure if calling it being "emotionally unavailable" is quite the right description. When I ask him about anything, he is open and sincere. He answers all of my questions with the factual precision of a swiss clock.
But I cannot quite figure him out. I cannot label him easily, like I can with 90% of people that I meet. I cannot see past his glass wall, it's like .... I have the illusion that all is open and transparent and I can therefore see everything.
But then... just looking around.... I realise that somehow, the glass might be a mirror and it's not there at all.
Maybe I am looking for flaws where there are none. The truth is I am not looking for flaws. I am quite interested and surprised with this man. The man I cannot figure out. And I am not sure if that should sound alarm bells all over or not.
Due to my innate curiosity, we all know I will have to keep going to dig deeper. But the question is ... how deep will I have to dig... what will I find there.... and what if there is nothing to be found?
No comments:
Post a Comment