Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Closure

From D, after my last email communication with him gave me closure. I feel strong, empowered and good for being able to move on. We can try and stay friends, whatever happens, I know where I am now. It's a good place to be.

The power of closure should never be underestimated. I am thankful that he did offer me this closure and enabled me to start moving on now. 



"Finally having the chance to read and digest this while at least being half awake.

I don't really know what to say in reply I guess.  There's lots that I can understand what you're saying, and some that I don't really agree with.  Seems kind of moot to argue any of it now though.

I had a really great time being together, whether it was going on travelling adventures or just laying around doing nothing.  You're amazing and your patience with me is incredible.

I really wish I felt differently, and like you say, maybe I'll come to regret it in time.  You deserve somebody who will adore you 100%, and tell you everyday.  I don't like that I haven't been that for you, and I feel like I was unfairly stringing you along as a result.

I hope it goes without saying that I still really care about you.  It's a cliche, but I do really hope that we can stay (become?) good friends.  It's rare for me to meet somebody who 'gets' me.

It feels weird to know you're probably having a rough time, but I'm not there to help you. I hope you doing okay right now and that you're friends are looking after you.

D."

No comments: