So my parents came to visit me this week-end and it was amazing. I found myself missing them more than I expected, even though in Romania I saw them once in a few weeks, but here all seems futher in time and, of course, space. So, I guess I could say I recharged my batteries for a while, hope it will take me through the following 2 months until Christmas.
Anyway, they seemed like little children, in a foreign country, they had no idea about the language and as the driving and the streets are all mixed up, on the other side of the road. So, I was very concerned about them when they went to visit Liverpool, on Monday, as I couldn't join them, because of mu lectures and seminars.
They kept saying how changed I am and it was weird hearing it from somebody else. I mean I feel different, but I had no idea they were going to notice it so fast. I also was kinda sad, as I felt older, more grown up, I guess, which is completely sad, as I am stuggling really hard not to grow up, but I think life is playing tricks on me and cathing up on me wherever I try to hide.
I am between classes now, and as I have finished early the meeting with my group, I thought I should take the opportunity to write something down here, as I have no spare time any more. I am facing a time management problem that I have no idea how to resolve. In Romania I always had too much free time to party and drink and have brain dead time... :) But here, I have no time to even do what I am expected to do, that is read before every lecture, do the case studies and the group presentations. maybe it sounds easy, but it is quite a lot of work to do, especially that I am a little behind on the reading, as I didn't start in the first week (!!!!!! DOH) and now I have to catch up everything, which is not so easy as I would've expected. There's a lot of new information, knowledge that I have to take in, apply, criticise and explore further in the same day!!! I can't possibly do all that!!
I still have to eat, drink, sleep, take showers and go to school. I am only complaining because I am really happy. As I have mentioned in the last post, I am actually doing what I lije, which is more than I could ever ask for. So, I guess I will find my way through all this and be fine, in the end.
Meanwhile, I really miss my friends back home, really, really BAD! I have to e-mail so many people and I want to keep in touch... I hope I can do that, as I feel that you can't be happy unless you have somebody to share that with. And no matter what you say, even if I have my boyfriend here with me... that has never been enough for me, there are thinhs that I just don't like to share with him, maybe as a mecanism for self protection or self consevation, or sometimes I just feel like a friend would understand better or see things from a different perspective.
Anyway, I hope for the best in everything, maybe because today I had a very good coffee in the morning and I am feeling especially joyfull. I never drank coffee before, but eversince I came here I started having one time to time, as it is very good - maybe it was good in Romania also, but I would have no idea - and also started eating more muffins, little cakes etc. as they indeed have them much better than in Romania, as they invented the 5 o'clock TEA!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment