Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Go for IT! - Challenge and reason



Just one sunny day in Leeds, which I have learned to appreciate so much. So, today, after school, I thought I'd take some photos of Leeds University, as I believe it is very beautiful. I have always wanted to study in a church, but this is even better, as they have the old, conservative looks, that gives me a sense of distinction, tradition, hence credibility, like you are in the right hands. But they also have this modern, metal, technological look that can only make you see that it transcends tradition and it becomes contemporary as the whole world is changing at a fast pace. Especially for a business school, which I think it has to be more ahead of its time than any other, as it's mission is to predict, analyze and interpret trends.

I am happy today, maybe purely because of the sun. Maybe because for the first time in my life I feel I am doing exactly what I like. I am learning from these incredible people how to be great at what I do, to critically interpret information, always state my own opinion, as there is no right and wrong. It feels amazing to have the latest data on contemporary issues like technological development, customer focused thinking, long-term relationships and the view of the entire society as a stakeholder in major corporations.

On top of all, we are being taught to reason for ourselves. Get the information from your sources, challenge it, present your own views of how the world should be. We all are very far away from perfection, so why not listen to what everyone has to say and who knows? Great ideas might show up from 2 completely opposite personalities.

The best thing is it's teaching us to have a strategic point of view, not be overly focused on a minor detail, like a press release or a color or the product, but to see the broader picture of the true Process. The co-ordination of all the aspects, the consistent perspective so the message is always clear for all the stakeholders involved.

You can apply this in everyday life, like presentations, argumentation, debates or just selling yourself to your next employer. We all needs to be heard, we all need to get our ideas on the board.

We all want something.



No comments: