Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

So a year down the line...

The short version: a great ride!

Now the long version...

On 11th October it was a year...

I have been asked and me and P even discussed it... even if it was on the 11th oct last year that we first crossed the line between working and ... well, not working, it was certainly a lot more months later that we actually got into the relationship, both of us.

The bad aspects of it:

- after a good few hours of grinding against eachother and then a few days of "working", he realised he "wasn't ready for a relationship" and decided to tell me all about the chaos in his mind in text messages (how British of him, I say now) - how freaking horrible and rude I thought then! I was to get my revenge...

He told me all about him being like this all the time (not really sure what like this meant), that he really just wants a family and a normal life and he should be thinking of these on the long term. That he wasn't at all ready to jump along into the crazy thing that we started... and go into another relationship...

Basically a big mess in his head (that now is simply translated in him just wanting a bit of happiness, just like everyone of us) - and I wasn't impressed with it all. First of all, because if any of us gets to leave the other one, it was going to be me, not him.

Second of all, this was basically signing his sentence because I like a challenge and it turned into one. For both of our sakes now - but just a game then.

- cultural differences were huge to say the least. There were a lot of times when I left Hull and didn't really want to come back ever again. Where my goal to make him fall in love with me wasn't really worth the trouble.

- there were guys in between but he never asked. I knew because he didn't really want to hear or he didn't care enough. I was glad I didn't have to lie.

- I think that after a while and all of the guys that were there, I started to chill - after a 5 years relationship, I just needed to blow some steam off

- once I chilled, I started to notice the little things that he was doing, that he slowly started to do and even though they were not big, I knew they were for him. Then thoughts about what really matters and what I really want came about

- there were a lot of moments in this year that could have gone wrong and we would not be here today. It is amazing how all of these didn't materialise

- I could have made another choice in what guy to stick with, I could have gone and cheated him with anybody else once I found out that he only officially broke up with his "ex" after 7-8 months into the relationship just because she wasn't in the country... I could have hung on all the cultural things that I thought were weird and rude, I could have got scared and ran away when finding out about his past... and so many others that I can't remember.


the happy moments - definitely too many to count but just to name a few:

- first sunday roast dinner
- the first time he hugged me
- him telling me that 3 of the things we did together were in the top 10 of him entire life memories - one year on, I am in all 10 of them :)
- first time we held hands
- first time he said I love you - in Romanian
- the first time we went skating together
- our first photo together
- dancing on the beach in Romania
- scuba diving
- rides at Alton towers with him
- sleeping in a camping pod
- being cuddled up by him every single night that we sleep together
- first surprise visit to Leeds
- first real communication on my part
- sunny picnic under the bridge

and so many others...

A lot of things could have gone wrong because people tend to hold on to negative things more than the positive things. One could say both of us made this work, but it would really be a lie. This relationship is so natural and so fine on its own. I am not saying we are not putting effort into it, but it's got it's own pace and it's own life and if anything, I think our first year has proved that we are really such a perfect fit for eachother in every single way.


No comments: