Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Wish List

All I want from Santa this Christmas is... Sleep!

My energy levels are so low that I am crawling out of bed every morning now trying to convince myself that I WILL get fired if I get in late one more time. It doesn't work.

Even brushing my teeth and changing into my work outfit takes up so much energy that I just want to crash right back into bed. The cold is everywhere, snow and woolie jumpers.

How nice have I been in the past year? Do I deserve some sleep?

thinking about it, maybe I have....

in 2010 I have

- been happy - like I have never been before, in this perfect way. with ups and downs, of course, but overall, I have felt lucky, and loved and fulfilled

- started a BSc in Computers and Statistics

- the first module was studying Maths at degree level and getting all marks above 80

- moved forwards with a relationship in a meaningful way, going from a stuck situation to moving in together and making plans for future

- met some new people, people that are worth having around and that I still keep in touch with

- re-connected with some old friends

Generally, I feel I have grown up a lot. Not in a very serious way, but in a deep, meaningful way, where I feel comfortable with myself and ready to move forward.

With just enough sleep, I will be able to do more in the next year, but I desperately need some rest. Proper, nothing to do rest - a massive re-boot to start over.

No comments: