So this is it, the New Year is here, arriving whether you are ready or not and despite all the hunger, poverty or wars in the world. How many people have been a bit introspective at the end of 2010? Probably quite a few, and I think this is the best thing about New Years; not the partying, not the drinking or the clubs, but that is gives us a deadline, if you want, for what we aim to achieve.. And then a moment to stop and evaluate our progress, with our lives and our plans and hopefully with our futures.
I think this year I probably feel more lost than ever, as I haven't entered 2011 with any big plans and any big wishes. In a sense, this is good, as anything I will do will be already over the non-existent plans...
Some scattered ideas, yes I can give you that...
1. Get the hell out of my god forsaken job and find something, anything, closer for commuting times, but especially the environment and the general attitude towards development and progress in that place is horrid. Surrounded by small, insignificant people, who only settle for their jobs and cannot find something better, it is not by any definition an aspirational place, nor a place to compete or try your best. If anything, it kills your enthusiasm, takes up your energy and all that you have good in you
2. Maybe win the lottery visa for the US, which would be freaking fantastic and a sooo much wanted change
3. Do well with my newly started degree in the same time with work... For now I am chuffed because I had 80 smth marks, but on my last TMA I have managed to get 98!!!! Woop wooop!
4. Travel somewhere new, like Malaysia or whatever else
Be happy, that is probably the single most Important one... Forget about everything and smile, feel small and run and play and don't be afraid to be silly ... Nothing to lose anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment