Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

In my third week at work

I am experiencing these new things that I have never had before. Waking up in the morning, I don’t dread getting out of bed. I don’t want to kill myself or everyone around me before 8am every day – over-dramatising of course. Smiling and saying hello to everyone in the office, on the corridor and in the lift is no longer an effort that I have to convince myself is all worth it – people tend to smile back and it’ll make me feel better.

I wake up as a normal person. Yes, some mornings more sleepy and I want to steal a few more minutes under the duvet. But the thought of going into work doesn’t depress me. Or every evening going home (or the B&B for now) I don’t get low because there are only a few hours till I have to go to bed and go to work again in the morning.

All these are very new to me. Being content and not being so low every single day of your life, trying to forget all about work or that it even exists – those are all extremely surprising.

Rest assured – I will get used to them so fast and start taking them for granted, just like any other person on Earth. Because that’s what we do as humans. But it’s nice to feel human back again.

No comments: