Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pancakes, oatcakes - same thing!?!

My food got so weird today that I thought it needs writing down...

So today I have bought some oatcakes. With the intention of having pancakes.

My intention and belief right until I opened home was that I bought pancakes. Even bought strawberry jam, carefully selected because I am very particular about my jam. 

I don't want it too sweet and with almost no fruits in it, full of chemicals. I actually found a really nice one, raspberry and 100 % fruit from streamline, no added sugar. 

So I couldn't wait to have this excellent jam with my "pancakes".... And then I see oatcakes on the packing... Wtf?!? Never heard of them before and they looked exactly like pancakes!!! I swear!!!

So I had my jam with them anyway... A bit weird at first but niiiice long waited jam...

Then started reading on the packaging about eating them with cheese and stuff. So I put them in the microwave, grated cheese on it, bit of black pepper and it is soo nice! The weirdest thing I've ever had... Melted cheese on this soft, chewy base...

Oh, and with a cup of cold, cold milk from the fridge.

No comments: