I wonder if being 28 and still being on the pursuit to "happyness" (yes, like the film) is a good thing. I miss listening to music, in a flat on my own and being able to dance around. Free of all bad thoughts, free of worries and stresses.
I miss spending a whole evening listening to random songs online. It used to be youtube, but now I'm on grooveshark - I think's it's brilliant. I know that on the way to growing old and mature you're meant to lose and gain things. But I have somehow lost myself. And just gained more weight, stress and anxiousness. A few more wrinkles. and a lot more fighting experience.
I know that it is the pursuit of my "happyness" that will need to take over the current "in-limbo" state. I need to find myself again, against all the clutter and the bitterness. I need to be able to breathe again and stand on my own 2 feet. I am so happy to be on my own, it's a peace and a state of mind that can never be achieved when surrounded by so much "noise" (to be read in a relationship)
I have included below a selection of songs from tonight, links from youtube, but I would warmly suggest you listen them on grooveshark, spotify or any other music programme, the youtube sound quality on their videos is very poor.
And now... Dance!
Duffy - Rain on your Parade. Duffy is one of my favourites and this song always makes me dance
Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts, such a gorgeous video, I love the black and white and the punk rock feel to it.
And a song from an every day mood setter - Florence and the machine is one of the greatest artists that I've ever listened to.
In the end, came across this by accident cause I didn't know the name of the guy playing it, but it's very ironic cause this is what Alex has "given" to me when we broke up. A beautiful song and memories from a great man. After 3 more years, I wonder what will I be left with after me and P. have parted ways.
And "I am just just a little bit caught in the middle" and "I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show", Lenka with the Show is such a feel-good video.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment