Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Xmas Dec 2013 in Romania

I have always taken guys home - the guys that I was seeing, my parents have always told me to come home with them and be safe and they will give all the privacy I needed. They always did. 
So, this year, I took Adam with me for the holidays - just xmas, as we were back on 29th Dec. This year, it was different. This year, I have actually seen what it means for my parents to actually like and approve of the guy that I am seeing. I have also seen what it is like to bring a proper guy home, with manners, with self confidence and respect, well brought up and kind and thoughtful.
My parents were amazing with him and he was amazing with my parents. They all got along so well, it was just beautiful to watch. The peace and the calmness that our atmosphere gave to me was so new, so precious, so amazing in its power... to be, to charge me with good energy to inspire me, to heal me.
The moments we landed and my mum saw Adam, she said to me she likes him. With her, first impressions count a lot and he was looking very nice - even after a delayed flight and all sorts of other problems. He made an effort to make a good first impression and it paid off. My mum, from the first moment, liked him and laid the mood for a great time together. She was smiling and loving him, openly, with all of her heart and he felt that. It was a great start to a great holiday and some great times together.
We had our first breakfast.... he tried using the google apps translate - but my dad started talking to him in English a bit more, I translated a bit more and somehow, through Adam's willingness and open nature to communicate, we have spent the next week trying to get to know eachother and I have translated conversations, dad has massively improved his English.
My dad took 5 more days, to make sure he is not saying something he might regret. But, in the end, he also said to me, for the first time in his life... that he is proud of me for bringing home such a great man and that he is very happy that Adam is in my life. My dad has never said anything like that about any other guy I've brought home. And my dad never says things like that ... important things that he doesn't truly mean.
And Adam... Adam was so open, so communicative and so amazing. He proved to me, once again, over and over and over again, after each event and after each new situation that we are in that he truly is an outstanding man, from every point of view. He was so kind, so caring, so helpful, so willing to try new things, asking questions and engaging with people... despite the cultural barriers, the language barriers... there are so many things that he could've used as an excuse not to engage too much or not to make en effort... but he did, with every single occasion he got. And I loved him more and more for every minute in it.
I loved myself for all the caring and loving feelings that he brought in me, for I have never known peace and happiness like that before. And I have been lucky enough now to experience those conditions that also enable me to be more of the person I want to be. Now I know that's the loving environment that I want to be more in. With the man that makes me feel like that.
Overall, a beautiful experience, where I got to share my home town, my family, my friends, the places I grew up in, the places I partied, studied, lived in... so much of my previous life I wanted to share with him. And I am so happy I did. This openness and this trust that I have in him, the lack of fear and building obstacles... it's all beautiful and it's everything that I wanted to much for 2013.
My heart was craving for it. My soul was longing for it. My whole being needed to raise to the surface because it was buried so deep that it was going to die if it didn't see the sunlight soon.

No comments: