Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

Are we human or too scared to be so ?

I don't know if you saw The Matrix, the famous movie about what is real and what is manipulation in our lives. Well, I would've thought that people were interested in that movie -and it was an interesting idea, I might add - because it was a technology revolution with a good idea to support it.

But, well, today I discover that people go beyond that and actually embrace the idea of having a life inside a system, controlled and watched over by somebody. How is that possible ? How frightened are we of the real life, with real partners and real trouble ? People are so lonely that they are now agreeing to live a life over the internet, even they know from day 1 that it's... plastic ?




It is unconceivable to me that one is so de-humanized to that extent that now there is a new world, named Second Life, which is being populated by real people, with their own consent.

With a total of 5,797,062 residents and over 1.700.000 of imaginary US dollars spent in the last 24h, I say Matrix was only a baby compared to this.

No comments: