Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

One T meets a cigarette

All the bodies move on the same rhythm. It's burning hot and I am sweating, I feel my T-Shirt stuck to my skin, it's all wet. My jeans are becoming smaller, the beer is refreshingly cold, but just for a short time, then... it's all the same. I feel hands on my back, hands on my hips, hand on my shoulders. It's all dark, but we are all moving, so I wouldn't even have where to fall. I know somebody will sustain the weight of my dead body. Maybe it's because all the alcohol. It could be the cigarettes, there is so much smoke everywhere around. He is blowing it in my face, the girl dancing besides me is touching my skin with the burning tobacco. I can feel it when she gets close to me on the rhythm and then, there is no time to rush away instinctively from her cause that is the way the music is going anyway.

I close my eyes most of the time. It's how I can best feel the music. It's how I can smell the people around me, touch with the tips of my hands and then, jump all the way, jump as high as I can, jump very fast cause that is the way music takes us. It's so magic to follow the voice, the guitar, the drums. I breathe again and another song starts. I can barely rest, my hands are up in the air, with a cigarette in one and a beer in the other, maybe hugging a good friend (the devil himself) whom I have spent many nights in Club a with. He would dance like in a trance, I would be so delighted with the music and the fact that life is best when it's shared, I would be sweating all the beers.

Most of the nights it's 5 am when the music stops, we all finish the beers and the lights are lit to let everybody know it's time to go. The music must stop in order for the people to go. But one night, or should I say one morning... there was this morning. Jimi Hendrix played his wonderful guitar after all the lights are lit and one of the rays of light came into my eyes, just like sunset and I took the last sip of my beer. I close my eyes and I felt how my eyelids were warm after a cold night on the wild beach waiting for the sun to rise. And Club a was almost empty and I felt how that single song could have lasted forever cause I had just met eternity.

Oddly enough, there wasn't a Jimi song that reminded me of this one second, but the one below... the way the light is filmed at exactly the minute 1:56 during the song.

No comments: