I made some jewellery - a bracelet, a ring and 2 necklaces. I cannot believe how strange it feels to take these tools, have all the beads and strings in front of you and put it all together.
I tried to think it through, because that's how I do things, I am very rational. But I couldn't do much until I was told how to actually do it.
How to take the pliers and use
it to make the metal go around it, how to use the strength and the elasticity of the wire to either make connections or create models with it.
When I started, I just couldn't stop, I wanted to do so many things... but the amount of time it takes ... well, I guess it gets better the more you do it. I found it very therapeutic.
Your mind is exploring with various models and patterns in your head, you have to concentrate on the details and your find yourself just shut from the world.
The first two hours I was doing a necklace and I could have sworn only 20 minutes went by. It is easy to get lost in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment