Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

How good is it to be lazy

I think I am finding less and less free time these days - than I've probably ever had. 


Trying to joggle full-time work, studying towards a BSc, living with your boyfriend and trying to make a relationship work seem to be the highest earners (in terms of my time). 


Then there are things that you never think of, things that you don't really do much "time budgeting" for but that just sneak up on you - wanting to go to the gym - one evening lost, food shopping for the week - almost an evening lost, other activities, such as volunteering and having meetings and preparations for the actual volunteering - at least 2-3 evenings lost; laundry, cleaning, dishes and cooking - eating away at your day bit by bit without even realising it. 


I am running out of time and the 24h in the day are not enough to be able to do all that I need to do. 


So, this past bank holiday weekend I had a couple of days off - away from everything. And it was bloody good. Waking up when your body naturally feels it has had enough sleep and then staying in bed until 2 in the afternoon is one of the best feelings in the world. 


Making myself small in the duver cover, watching the sky through the window and thinking of nothing. Is it lazy and horrible of me to be doing that? Slobbing away in my happiness? I honestly couldn't care less. I think getting out of bed late and getting some quick breakfast with a cup of tea and then getting back into bed is the one thing that actually makes sense in the current crazy world that I live in. 


With everyone talking about eurozones and elections, inflation rates and growth rates, unemployment and job searching, careers and families and much, much more - I think lying still and watching a clock as the minutes go by is one thing that makes sense. Listening to the heart beat of the person next to you, or concentrating on your every breath is just pure simplicity. Lying in bed and being lazy is the best!

No comments: