Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Manual - Beverages Part_2

This is the continuation from the previous post on likes and dislikes. Next one up is Water. The only comment on this one is I am not a big fan of sparkling water, but prefer still Water instead.

Beer is a life-long love and I can't say I've tried everything but I have some sort of idea on what I prefer. My favourite is witbier, Weiss bier, Wheat beer or by any other name it is called. The brand that I like the most is Hoegarden, but I have found some Wit beers in Amsterdam (that I think were German) that I quite liked.

I hate Ale beer and stout. The only exception is Newcastle Brown Ale which I enjoy some times. I am ok with LAGER as it is the most common, out of which I like Heineken the most, simply because it's the most consistent beer in terms of taste & quality wherever you have it all over the world. I also like Czech lagers and have also enjoyed dunkel beer, which is a dark lager that also has some resemblance to witbier, with makers such as Paulaner or Erdinger.

Now Wine is another matter cause I never used to drink wine, unless it was mulled Wine for holidays. Started drinking it a few years ago and I do like red wine simply because It's got a stronger flavour than white but soon discovered I can't drink much of it because of acidity in my stomach. So I sometimes have white now, which is a bit bland for my taste, but I guess you get used to it.

Recently, I also have discovered rose wine (which seems not to be as bland as white, but also not upsetting my stomach as red wine is). So a merry compromise I would say.

On another note, I love champagne, not too sweet, nor the very dry ones either.

So here it is, my second part of my manual for Beverages. Food section is next.

No comments: