Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

ALL Stock must GO by the End of Today!

What do I do when I come across an “ALL FREE” sign in a candy shop?

First of all, change this fantasy with a salty “sweet” shop. I like salty stuff, all salt, more salt, salt, salt!!! I am wagging my mental tail now.


Then: believe the “all free” part – there are no free things in this world.


Next: get excited about all the lights and all the sounds and all the different flavours and scents out there. All my senses get a rush. They love the rush, I become addicted to the rush, I need the rush to keep me going on this amazing high. If not, I get low, really down low.

So the dance starts – up and down, and high and low and then again in the sky, going down to China? (Is that a myth that if you dig through the Earth from Europe, you can get to China)


Fourth Step: Meet people, talk to people, absorb people’s thoughts and ideas, understand how they think, what they want. You try to discover yourself in the process. You try and smash your personality against all these people’s traits, see what comes back to you. I am like a bat, trying out echolocation – but instead of producing ultrasonic sounds, I am giving out bits and parts of me to produce echoes. The feedback I receive – both verbal and most importantly, non-verbal - helps me position myself amongst society.


Fifth step: I start playing with too many toys. I start caring about the toys, the toys start caring about me. I don’t know which one to buy and I am completely and utterly lost in between so many of them. Some have these cool features that others don’t. I have no idea which one to get and the running around them becomes more than I bargained for.

I start tripping on toys, touching others, they fall from the shelves, some start making noises, I get scared, I try to get away from them, but all I do is make more fall and even more noise. All is chaos, happening too fast for me to be able to control all of it. This is not for free, I am giving myself away here!


The end: What do I need toys in the first place for? I could just do with playing on my own, I don’t actually need them that much.

I have to get out of the shop and just focus on some other really important things I want.

No comments: