I hope I didn’t catch the swine flu.
One guy in my office has been off for 2 months now. At the beginning we all thought it’s the swine flu, plus some stupid gossip… weeks added up and the swine flu story just doesn’t seem feasible any more. HR won’t disclose any details.
Another girl is now off sick – it’s been 1 week and a half and I know for sure that she has been having this horrible cold/ flu that didn’t allow her to get out of bed for a week.
I am cold and shivering, have a sore throat – that could or could not be associated with the cold, as the air in my rooms tends to get really dry because of the stupid electric radiator! – and a very blurry mind, with a head ache in the background.
Do you think this means anything?
It is the worst time to be getting sick though, as my freak of a colleague is now off for 2 weeks – 2 whole weeks without the stress and the agitation, the blabbering and the constant complaining of the most pitiful guy in the world. How can I miss this? I am enjoying every little minute of every hour passing by. That's when I don't feel spinning around.
Plus, I hate being sick. I am all vulnerable and weak, in search for attention and care and am more susceptible to … human emotions, like being soppy and needy, which I am not particularly fond of.
I feel an organic need to sleep and get lost in my big, warm and fluffy duvet. Just close my eyes and turn into dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment