I like her beautiful, clear and strong voice. Even if I could not understand what she is saying and almost hearing no back music, her voice would still sound so good.
I would be missing quite a lot, since her music contains quite odd and interesting sounds, made mostly with her voice and her piano, but also several other instruments. I like the very odd stops, and breaking rhythms.
If I only heard her voice and not really understand any lyrics, I would also be missing another big part of her music. I love how her lyrics are extremely playful, almost not to be taken seriously, like a kid playing some kind of words game or inventing a story, yet ever single one of Regina's songs has a deep and powerful message to it.
Music is truly something very private as it is public in so many ways. And whenever I listen to Regina, I do not want to share her with anybody else. Her beautiful sounds make me want to lock myself in a room and just get lost in her stories, playing with her and thinking about the world and what we are as human beings and what it is so special in the world that we are here anyway.
Music is something extremely fine tuned for all of us and only if we pick up a certain frequency we are able to appreciate some music above other. I am of course not talking about culture or any form of snob-ism. All of our souls run at certain frequencies and if we can fine tune ourselves to pick up one artist's music it only means that we have found some common ground and that is the one that makes our soul vibrate.
It can almost be seen as our soul being the violin and the artist playing on it. Not everyone might enjoy Regina, but she certainly makes every string in my cells vibrate.
Is she odd? Oh yes, i love odd.
here are some nice songs of her - some videos i could not embed, but i think her music make my mind quite visual anyway, so i don't really need to be limited by the video.
This is intricately me:
This is for the man who taught me what good in the world is:
This is the first song that a good friend introduced Regina with
No comments:
Post a Comment