maybe it's because that's the way I have been taught to think all my life, people are intelligent or stupid, their life has either one path or the other and all sorts like this.
i have met up with P's ex-girlfriend, A. From all I knew about her, I already had a picture in mind about what she was going to be like: apparently with mental problems, drug problems, has turned out to be lesbian (?!?!), but maybe still in love with P, involved in some car accident recently and therefore had her licence revoked and all sorts. I knew she was going to hate me because of obvious reasons...
A. turned out to be the greatest ex-girlfriend I have ever met... (not that I meet them every day). But she was so nice to speak to, joking and open about her problems, we immediately connected and she told me about her pills and about her episodes and how real everything is when all of her friends tell her to kill herself, amongst jokes and normal chit chat.
I, for one, don't really believe in pills and their power to 'heal', as I think you should treat the problem and that pills are only temporarily making it go away. Unfortunately for her, A. feels the same.
I have never met anyone more sweet and lovely that I would feel so close to after one night. And she seemed so perfectly normal - apparently when on the pills. And after meeting such a person, I believe that maybe, the pills, are indeed treating the problem and maybe there is some sort of mechanism that gets balanced when it meets with the pills.
All I wanted to do is help her, but I know that is way out of my league and there isn't much I can do anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment