Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anniversary week - part 1

Me and P have been together for 2 years. We have taken the entire week off to spend in a remote cottage in far away Scotland. 


The beginning of the trip was a drive from St Helens to Queensferry, near Edinburgh, to stop for the night, after 3-4 hours drive. It was a perfect start for a perfect holiday!


The Brook Hotel in Queensferry is absolutely magnificent and we got a room with stunning views over the bay and the bridge. The room had a modern feel to it and a huge comfortable bed. Champagne and chocolate was waiting for us in the room, plus a dinner reservation with a special corner table in their restaurant.  It was extremely romantic and although I am not the type to go for these things, I must say it felt pretty awesome., 


I was also shattered from the day at work, then the drive, so soon after I had a pint of beer and half of champagne bottle, I passed out on the bed, in P's arms. 


Saturday we drove from Queensferry to Oban, on a very rainy and very cloudy day. On the way there, we had to make a toilet stop and it so happened to be at the Real Food Cafe - which is one of the best eco-friendy and sustainable cafe I have ever seen, with them communicating these brand values throughout every single thing they do. Extremely good for anyone who is interested in opening anything like it. 


We finally arrived at our Clan Cottages and the scenery was absolutely beautiful. Our Clan MacKenzie cottage is stunning. Everything in it is done properly - the furniture, the finishings, the colours and the textures - they all match. And they all contribute to making you feel like home and relaxed. All the appliances, the bathroom - nothing in this place is cheap, quick way to do things. It all works wonderfully. 


Me and P were immediately settled in. It does feel like our home - especially with us being all over the country at the moment- this is exactly what we needed. And it's so nice. 



No comments: