Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anniversary week - part 2

Arriving at our holiday cottage for the week made us feel so nice and cosy. We had the entire place lit up by candles and enjoyed our bottle of complimentary wine sitting by the fire on the first evening. P. cooked for us and we sat down, talking about silly little things, watching the flames and the red coals from the fire. 


The house has two living room areas - one with a TV, big sofa and DVD player, internet etc - this invites more to doing things, like watching TV, lying on the sofa all cuddled up etc. The other one, downstairs, with a fireplace and just sofas around it, next to the dining room area, invites you to enjoy your food and then just move around the fireplace, with a drink and enjoy some conversation with eachother. 


I found this combination very interesting and useful. 


P has been wonderful to share the house with. He has been cooking, been picking me up and playing with me. On Monday, he put Ellie Goulding's version of "Your song" and danced with me in the middle of our living room. We went into Oban, doing photos of everything, had the best fish every with the best batter - fish and chips into a town like Oban is a must. They really just pick they fish our of their back garden.


Found some extremely hot kilts - extra fun for me ;) and a nice distillery to pick up a nice scotch whiskey for my mum. 


We went for a walk on Tuesday, after I had woken up to heart shaped pancakes - this was our official anniversary day - 11th Oct - 2 years and even our cottage is number 2! Even at midnight, he remembered to say happy anniversary and other beautiful words that I will just keep for myself. I think a lot of our talks have been so loving and so intertwined in so many different ways. So centered on our future together. And we had another champagne bottle, which definitely seems  to be the theme of the week, but not complaining!


Oh! And I forgot to say that out of a spur of the moment - I have dyed my hair blonde! It is one of those things that I would never do if I had to go back to work on Monday, but since I don't and I still have a few weeks for house hunt and house moves in London, then I thought why not! And well, it has been so much fun - every morning I wake up I look in the mirror, not recognizing me - or get a bit scared cause I forgot to have dyed my hair and see someone else! As you may have realised, with me being a brunette, I have never done anything drastic to my hair- this is definitely the biggest thing!

No comments: