I have 2 weeks before moving in with my boyfriend. Is it weird to see these weeks as my last 2 weeks of being on own, single - like my last weeks of being a batchelorette and then we are going to enter the "marriage" phase - I am going to be with him forever and ever and ever, for the rest of my life?
I am going to wake up every day to see his face - in my face. I am going to come from work every day home to him. I will have to share my bed with him - and god, do I love being alone, stretching to the end of my mattress! I will have to share the bathroom with a boy, who is filthy and just disgusting!
I can never just wake up in the morning and play loud radio music, dance naked like no one is watching - why? Because he will be watching and cursing me because he hates loud music.
I will never be able to come home and do nothing but just in front of my computer eating junk food and watching Chuck or some other stupid TV show without being asked what I am doing, maybe he'll want to join.... of God! He will want to do what I am doing or we will have to do stuff together all the time!
I will never be able to stare naked in the mirror, thinking that I have put weight on, or being silly playing with my belly or my toes or my face to see how weird or funny I look. I will have to hide or wait for him to be away for me to do any of these things. What if I will want some "alone" time?
None of that. That's it. It's all over and done with.
To be fair, all of the above must be taken with a pinch of salt. And a bit of fun - not too seriously. Cause I have a bigger list of all the things I am looking forward to doing when living with him.
The truth is that I will miss being on own, which is perfectly normal and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the relationship or myself.
It just means I am starting a new chapter in my life.
I wonder if people - that is before we lived in a modern society where everyone lives together anyway - before getting married had similar thoughts: " I am getting married and I will have to share my life, my private and my routine stuff with a stranger!!!". So, the question is: am I getting married in the old sense of the word - not on paper, but from the couple point of view?
Is there any difference between living together and being married? !!! ?
Shit, how the hell did he get me into this?
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment