My 28 birthday was one of the best I remember having in a while. I was flown home, where my parents were waiting for me at the airport with flowers and joy, taken home, where champagne was ready to be opened.
Went shopping for a birthday cake and candles and party accessories and on we went, starting with a barbecue in the clearest, bluest sky ever.
For my 28th, I wore a proper girlie dress, my first proper dress ever, from Karren Millen, that I paid waaaay more than I deemed acceptable on a piece of cloth and turned everyone's heads around (boys and girls included).
I had "Happy Birthday" sung to me, blown candles and was spoiled rotten. Spent some great time with a few friends, as well as messing about and taking photos of me and granny, in my parents' beautiful new house.
Spent some nice hours out on the patio on a sunbed, staring at the blue sky - ate delicious olives and loads of cherries (in June they are the best) and a giant shaorma, just like they do it back home and just like I love it.
Had birthday sex (which was pretty awesome), drove around sunny Bucharest and splashed about in the fountains in the city centre.
Tried to stuff as much Romanian food as I could on my trip back to the UK and came back in the most horrible, wet and cold weather.
It was truly amazing, especially because it was all surprise by my boyfriend and there is no better present than a pleasant surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment