On my daily LinkedIn e-mails that are normally business related, I received this: 9 Daily habits that will make your life happier.
The last one being : end each day with gratitude. I thought that would be a good idea. Until I started thinking about what one thing that was nice, not even wonderful happened to me today. And I thought, and I thought. Then I realised this is really hard, not because I’ve got too many, but because I can’t think of anything.
Is the problem the lack of the nice moments in itself or my lack of perspective on them? Then I made an effort and found some things that could, in theory make me feel a bit better:
- Being able to help my boyfriend using my analytical skills to feel better about himself by showing off some nice charts
- Having lunch on my own in an almost empty kitchen (which is normally packed) and being able to read some nice articles and take a lunch break without working
- Looking up at the sky during a brain rest and noticing that there is sunny outside, which I wouldn’t normally do cause I am too busy working
- Checking my iStockPhoto account to see if my photos were made live/approved – these are my first photos submitted and my passion (photography) in my first attempt to take it to the next level because I could never get the courage to do so
In the end, it doesn’t all sound too bad. My lack of positive perspective it’s what the problem is. How can I deal with this? If only I knew how to change my negative brain waves to positive brain waves. If only… Christmas is approaching so I can always ask Santa… :)
And to finish things cause music always makes me happy are Elbow with a day like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment