An invite to go out and me mentioning I like surprises. A. has understood that I want him to completely plan the date so he let's me know just what it's appropiate to wear, what time and where I should be.
Also mentioning nice, subtle hints about inspiring me and letting the night bring the excitement to the boil. All of thisis just the perfect amount of preparation even before the date starts.
So the scene is set. We meet in Kensignton for a quick drink just to start the evening with light conversation in a lovely bar. Nothing too heavy, just chit-chat about my last day at work in my current job, as I will be starting a new one. As I am wearing a skirt, but brought some trousers, I am advised to go change, as we will be taking a ride on his motorbike to our next location.
Now, I need to point out that just being on a motorbike around London makes it one of the best things I've done by default. The adrenaline, the real feeling of riding on a motorbike, the acceleration, the speed, the cars right next to us and the guy driving me around to places I don't know is my idea of feeling that I am on a date with a man who knows how to show me a good time, while taking charge and acting like a man.
After riding for about 30min and me loving every minute of it, we arrived in Richmond Park, where we went around the park on the bike, admiring the beautiful scenery and the animals. Then we stopped in a place where we could see a magnificent sunset, over London, with no clouds in the sky. Previously he was telling me about sunsets over Uluru, cause he is Australian. And as I was quite enjoying the nice stories, he decided to turn them into the closest thing to reality that he could. It was thoughtful, symbolic and majestic.
Next, back on the bike (yipieeeee!!) and off to a dinner reservation for 9pm. All of the timings were so thought through, all perfectly planned and orchestrated, I was really impressed. Then he took me to dinner to a wonderful bar, near Kensington again, with beautiful Thai food. I must add Thai food is my favourite cuisine and he didn't even know that. Wonderful!
Really nice dinner conversation, with a bustling atmosphere around us, loads of laughter and just enjoying every bit of it.
After dinner, I was taken on the bike again, near Hyde Park corner. At no point during out evening did I know where we are going or what we are doing. We were playing cold/warm to get to this next place, when I was instructed by the warmer, warmer direction that we are meant to be in the Hilton on Park Lane, for drinks in the skybar they have on the 28th floor. Beautiful views around London, with Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park and all of London at our feet.
The conversation got even better, with not much drinking of alcohol involved, as he was driving and I am not that keen on drinking when I am with someone worth remembering.
The guy is smart. He is also well educated, with plenty of experience ideas about economics, politics and personal development to keep me entertained for a whole week. And I get bored easily.
We got a bit more into worldly and personal discussions, by finding out he has a child and more details on that personal situation. Making him a bit uncomfortable, a bit more human. A bit more likeable.
We left the skybar around 2am, when we got kicked out cause they were closing. He kissed me, stroked me gently and held me tight, put my helmet on and then he took on a night tour around Buckingham Palace, Charing Cross, Trafalgar square, Westminster and Big Ben.
He invited me over to his place. I said yes. He made me chamomile tea. He gave a tooth brush and a T-shirt. We went to sleep at 6am, laughing a bit more, very tired. It's the best date I've ever had. It's a proper date. It's th sort of properly planned, perfectly executed and with the right company date.
Seeing him again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment