Because I was talking to A. about my inability to answer his question
on what are a few of my best qualities.... and I couldn't think of any...
So I promised him I will make up a list on my holiday on what these are... because I'm sure
there's got to be something I love about myself... So here it is for you
A., thank you so much for making me think about so many other beautiful
things and new perspectives.
1. Smile - despite the earth crumbling beneath me, I can still smile to another person. I smile when I'm happy, I smile when I'm neutral, I smile to people no matter what. Because people smile back at me and I take their smile and ride myself out of the storm or add it along the already existing carpet of smiles that are inside me.
2.Determination - I don't like giving up. If only I could learn a way to apply this in my personal/emotional life too, where I give up far too easily and take the easy way out. But I do have a very strong ability to persevere into something that I put my mind to.
3. Ability to empower people - I've always been a good listener, but on top of that, I can advise people and I can motivate them to make the change that they want to make in their life. I give them the support, the extra push needed and it always amazes me what people can do with that.
4. Playful/Childish/ability to see the most magical wonders in the smallest of things - I like this quality of mine because not only it brings great joy from unexpected things for me, but I am also able to push a bit of the magic I see into people who happen to be sharing the moment with me. I love being able to bring that to people's lives.
5. Trust people - have I never been let down ? Of course I have. Many times - but many, many, infinitely many more, I have trusted people and have never regretted it. Only by thinking the best of people and not even brining doubt or distrust into the situation with you, then you set yourself up for wonderful experiences.
6. Creative - I love this specific trait more so now, that I am in a very structured, analytical job, I need to maintain a certain level of artistic creativity, free spirit and stay a "hippie" at heart - if I can still find it.
7. Flexibility - in seeing things from opposite perspectives and being able to rationalise both, in loving contrasts, in switching between various personalities depending who I am with. I love this about myself because it puts people at ease and opens an instant communication flow that in other circumstances wouldn't have been possible.
8. Ability to read people - this is a very hard process to break down into a rational thought, but I have a good sense about people and how they are as a person. I can talk to someone for 5 min and I will know I will want to stay away from them or not. I have used this many times with my friends who's radar is not so good. I've rarely been wrong and been proven right many times. I like this in myself because besides being able to help others, it saves me wasting time and drama with people who don't deserve any of my attention. Life's too short to waste it on worthless people.
9. Self critical - despite me hating doing this, because it's not very pleasant to tell yourself off all the time, I am going to put this as one of the things I love about myself. Because if I didn't self analyse and try to improve myself all the time, I would never be able to evolve into a better human being, which I am always striving for.
10. Talking to strangers - yes, I love talking to strangers - the most inspiring things happen when you do. This is why I love this about myself - others are terrified of going up to someone they don't know - but I love it, I find it very easy and it all starts with a smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment