Monday – Attended a talk on Reading people – How to identify and persuade people combined with Hypnosis techniques. A thoroughly enjoying talk - on people, on group dynamics, relaxation, freeing your mind, hypnosis and instant inductions demonstrations. A little something different from a busy every day stressful life, to stimulate my brain and realise that there are so many more things that I could achieve on a personal development level.
Tuesday – going to the gym, on a cross-trainer for 30 min, rowing for 1,500m, swimming for 30 min and then sauna. I love exercising and the way it makes my head clear and focused. I love the purifying experience of swimming in the beautiful, blue lit water. When you’re working too hard, you’ve always got to find a bit of time for yourself and your body to come to a balance.
Wednesday – going out in Shoreditch. This is both a trendy place, as well a slum. It’s not very clean, but it’s got a good, arty vibe to it. People are dressed funny, they are creative and too cool (for what I don't know?). And you’ve got some dingy places, all next to eachother. Went to see a film in an independent art hall/gallery/cinema – arts centre I would say. I always feel overdressed in Shoreditch in my City clothes, but as I like standing out, that’s fine with me. After the film, out for drinks in a bar with skulls and death all around it. With a very good photographer guy, who is very funny and thoroughly entertaining, in a very arty, anti-establishment way. But who else to show me this part of town than a local?
Thursday – Comedy night with the social group from work. Around Piccadilly Circus, at the Piccadily Comedy club, we had the venue booked for our company. With work colleagues and free drinks, you chat, have a laugh and then have more laughs when the actual comedy is on and drink and then drink some more. As I am working my notice, most of the people were finding out I am leaving and wishing me all the best in the future. A few more drinks later, I ended up flirting with a work guy, whom I always end up flirting at these events, but never have any courage to do anything about it. Mostly because I used to have a boyfriend, we work together and I didn’t want to complicate things. But since I’m leaving my job and am now single, you can see how things have gone on another path this time. He’s got a girlfriend, which breaks one rule that I used to apply : “never be the one being cheated with”, because I do pity the poor girl and I don’t want to be the person she hates. I have this strange belief in energies and balance, so I do think her negative energy will eventually catch up with me. Maybe that’s why I had to draw the line at sleeping with the guy and just stick to mostly kissing.
Friday – out on another party. This time, a very different part of town – Kensington Roof Gardens (High street Kensington). Beautiful surroundings, gorgeous, clear, evening sky. The Kensington area is really nice, quite the opposite of Shoreditch, if I may say. The people at this socialising events were also quite the opposite – educated professionals, people that I would have a bit more things in common to talk to. Some a bit too stuck up their own arse, but hey, the Gemini in me loves extremes. Met a Romanian guy there out of nowhere, a few more people and an Australian. I ended up spending hours chatting with him. He was fascinated by my weird personality, I was fascinated by his stories and our discussion could’ve lasted for days. At least that’s how it felt. As I live quite far away from there, he kindly offered to take me home - which is amazingly nice in itself, but the amazing part come later on as I was riding on a motorbike, through an empty London, on the Thames river bank with gorgeous lights around us and me stretching my arms – I felt like flying. It was one of the best memories I’ve got – beauty, connection and adrenaline all rolled into one night.
Saturday – Spent the day in the sun, in the park, working on my assignment (studying towards a second degree in my very few spare time). In the evening - my best friend in the UK and flatmate’s birthday party. In a skybar, 33rd floor, on Oxford Circus. With unforgettable views, champagne and another Australian guy, this time unattainable because my flatmate had a one night stand with him and I always choose friends over guys. But nonetheless, a smart, funny and entertaining guy, the only one I could properly talk rubbish and have a bit of banter with all night. And more drinking.
Ended up in a funky, gay, massively weird vibe, loud electronic music club in Notting Hill. Random yet fun. The way London takes you. Also met an Afro-American guy who is currently working in Denmark on a project from work who is flying me over there next weekend to visit Copenhagen with him because all he does is work there and has never stepped out of the hotel or airport lounge.
Sunday – more studying throughout the day, then Chinese opera in the evening. A beautiful show, with magnificent costumes and beautiful slow, dance moves. It’s the extremely high pitch singing that I struggled with. That frequency of sound does not appeal to me. Coming home afterwards, at midnight celebrated the proper birth day of my flatmate by surprising her with a cake and candles, Happy Birthday sung by Disney and drinking champagne. Having work the next day didn’t help. But I wanted to make her feel special.
Monday – and we’re back to full circle. Going out in Knightsbridge at the Mandarin Oriental – Dinner by Heston (Blumenthal). An extremely expensive restaurant run by a famous chef. As I am not so much into food, but the place has the best customer service I've ever received. Also went into the deep end and tried stuff that I've not had before: a porridge with frog's legs, which one one of the tastiest things I've ever had and pigeon for the main. Dessert was made right in front of us, with a Victorian ice machine and liquid nitrogen. Brilliant. Also, some of the best cocktails I've ever had.
You’ve got to Love London. London is the best city to live in (so far). Life cannot get much better being single and carefree in London. The people you meet and experiences you have are only limited by yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment