Pages

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The saddest day when you have to hand your notice in…


… To a great manager and a great person. This man has been your support through hard personal times. This man has sent you home to sleep when you were too tired to work. He has praised and recognised every effort you have put in. He has always defended your team, he has fought your battles. He has taught you what you do well so you can continue doing it.  

C. is the one person that I could always count to make me laugh even on the worst day at work. C. made 6 brand new people, all strangers to eachother, all from very different backgrounds come together and work as a team. He is the first to recognise his faults and try to fix them. He takes responsibility and has shown me how to lead by example.

He works hard, but always takes time to be a human being. I love my team, but he is the one person I will miss coming to work to see every day. He has taught me about subtle, yet important ways to make work a bit more interesting. I would’ve never understood banter if it wasn’t for him. It is a work skill, as well a personal skill to have, but one not so easy to aquire.

All these and much more, so much more, make C. the hardest manager to hand in your notice to. Because you are not leaving your job, you are leaving a friend.






No comments: