...my clandestine meeting with my work colleague who has got a
girlfriend. I can’t even think of all the reasons this is so wrong. We work
together for the same company. I don’t date work colleagues, as this is not
very professional. Moreover, if things
don’t work out, it makes things complicated and unnecessarily painful.
The one will be kinda solved as I will be leaving the
company in a week’s time. So less complications on that front.
But then, he’s got a girlfriend. I’ve never dated a guy that
(I knew of) had a girlfriend. I would have never even considered. The only
reason this got out of hand is because I’ve had several work social encounters with
this guy and he never mentioned he had a girlfriend. So, I started liking him a
while ago, but then I never did anything about it cause I was in a relationship
myself.
Since I am now single and the work events happened, we ended up chatting again. So, after some more flirting, the guy tells me he’s got a
girlfriend in a contextual conversation. And I have no idea what to do with
this new information, because that’s not the sort of signal I’ve been getting
from him. So, several drinks later, inhibitions lower and things get
complicated.
Things got even more complicated yesterday, when we actually
met up after work on a pre-arranged date, a week after the work event. He actually had to lie to his girlfriend
about it. So we are most surely getting into murky waters here.
I don’t know how to deal with several feelings – I generally
don’t do very well with feelings, logical thoughts are my strength:
- Guilt – I don’t want to be THAT girl. The girl
that his girlfriend will hate when she finds out (yes, it is just a matter of
time)
- Fear – of falling for a guy with a girlfriend
who cannot offer me anything
- Attraction – the chemistry is clearly there, I
feel very attracted to the guy, he’s tall, he’s handsome, he’s physically fit,
he’s just right in every single way - when he gets close to me, I want to get
closer to him - but I can't just be the girl on the side, that's not me
- Pleasure – I actually enjoy being with him. I
like him as a guy, we have things in common, he makes me laugh and have
butterflies in my stomach
- Confusion – is the guy more appealing to me just
because he’s unattainable? Would I feel this way if he was just a normal guy?
Everything in me screams yes, I still would, but how can you ever know?
I am scared because I’ve never done this before. It feels so
wrong and so nice in the same time. Not exactly sure where to go with this, how to play this and what it is that we are doing. Not sure if he's not sexually happy in the relationship so he is just looking to get something extra on the side? He is not acting towards that direction. He seems to be looking for a connection.
Is he emotionally not happy and is looking for an escape route? Can I and do I want to be that escape route?
I don’t want to get hurt. But I like to
play. And the biggest problem is that he is playing as well. I just wish he didn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment