I didn't cry, but I was bloody close. None of this would have been possible if I didn't decide 6 years ago to move into the UK. T. came with me. After we broke up, he had a really hard time. His first instinct was to go back home. But again, I insisted over and over again for him to stay. And fight it through.
And he did. Years later, here I am at his wedding with him saying that none of it would have happened if I hadn't had pushed him. All of his friends, all of the great experiences that he had and will have from now on. The night or the wedding itself. That's when I went a bit soft.
I realised how much I am influencing these guys' lives. Of which I was aware beforehand. But maybe hearing it and feeling the responsibility and the guilt, maybe that was a bit too hard to realise.
I just hope I have always done good by my ex-boyfriends and changed their lives forever in a good way. In ways that they would've never gone themselves - better ways, lighter, amazing and extraordinary ways.
If anything, I realised how happy that made me feel - seeing these 2 people starting their lives together - and knowing that some small part was because of me.
The happy couple right after they got married
Here are some photos from the wedding of the amazing couple - well done to them. And thank you T. - for making me so happy with your sincere, pure and perfect happiness together with your chosen partner for life on your wedding day.
The first dance
The beautiful bride
Another just as beautiful married couple




No comments:
Post a Comment