Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The focus

Less is more. 

Not dating so many people at once has brought a bit of focus and more appreciation back in my life. I am actually able to look forward to a date with a guy. He is not just a number. 

Am I putting my eggs into one basket? Maybe. But would it the end of the world if the basket broke? No. Is it worth the risk? Yes. 

Quality over quantity. My time is gonna be more precious than ever now. With studying, a brand new job starting, trying to have a life, do sports and go out with guys on dates .... well, there are only 7 days in the week unfortunately. 

Yes, I am breaking my own nature here that says I should always have a back-up plan, always have something to fall back onto. 

But the reality is that I don't want to. I am fine as things are. 

It is Friday now and I am looking forward to a lunchtime date with B. on Sunday, which is 2 days away and wouldn't even dream of thinking like this, according to my rules of never putting yourself out there and become vulnerable. But you know what? I'm discovering it's sometimes nice to put yourself out there, for the right guy, it's totally worth it. And there is no way of knowing for sure, but somehow you've just got to go with your own instinctual flow. 

He is going to come and pick me from home in his car, then drive me somewhere to have a nice bite to eat. Nothing too complicated. But no playing games. No guessing or over-analysing every step of the dating rule book. He likes me. He puts in the effort. I like him. I like being in a mature beginning of a relationship. Is it going to lead to a relationship? I don't know, but I don't want to be safety net same old me, lying or playing around. 

Am I going to be proven wrong? Looking forward to find out, slightly scared but more excited. 

And I'm loving this song these days - by Fun. We are Young




No comments: