This is one of the lines from Cloud Atlas, a film that I've just seen again recently. Now I'm not one for watching films several times but I've got to say that I enjoyed seeing this film again and I would over and over.
I have always lived my life with the strong belief in taking my destiny into my own hands. I have never felt helpless, I have never felt that I cannot take charge of my life. One of my strongest advice that I give to people is to take their life into their hands and steer it into the direction that they want to. Their only limit is within themselves because we believe we cannot achieve something.
There are of course many things that we don't want to achieve and are simply not interested in, so we don't have to pursue something just for the sake of it. Pursue what makes you a more whole person.
But watching this film, where so many people's lives are related so closely through the centuries, falling in love and separating and then coming together again. It's hard to imagine your life as being already written and that there is nothing you can do affect the end result.
Maybe it's so hard to accept, that's why many people believe that they can change their destiny at every turn of the corner. Are our lives indeed our own? How are the choices that we make affecting our future? How can we even know if what we choose is indeed a choice and not a pre-determined path that we are set to follow, even if we think it's pure coincidence?
Do we really ever get a choice or are we forever condemned to step into the footsteps of our own lives?
1 comment:
Kiedy się obudził, zobaczył, że przez ten cały czas
piętnastoletni Bartek rżnął jego wykończoną
dziewczynę.Przez blisko 3 godziny! Bez przerwy.
Nie mógł nic zrobić. Zasnął... Nastpęnego dnia rano Bartek podszedł do Dawida http://janakriak.nokly.com/2014/10/tryskajac-wbil-sie-we-mnie-kilkoma-poteznymi-pchnieciami
Post a Comment