Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

I was going to...

I've been thinking on why I have always chosen to be in serious relationships with guys that were easy to manage and ready to follow me anywhere and everywhere I went and why all of a sudden I have realised I need a strong man, with his own will and personality, someone who can steer me in his way for a change. 

This may not sound very nice, but I have always known what I wanted from my life. At least my career and my not personal aspects of my life. 

I knew I wanted to grow up and work for a large enterprise, be surrounded by people around me who can challenge me, people that I would learn something from, people that I would admire and people who would inspire me to want more. A company that would reward me for my hard work, as well as recognise my intelligence and use it accordingly. I was going to wear smart casual clothes and work at a desk, near a window. 

I was going to do a job I am both proud to be saying to other people I'm doing and a job that I would enjoy doing. I was going to have a job that pays me enough to enable me to do the things that I want to do with my free time, as well as give me good future prospects, instead of limiting me.

I was going to live somewhere nice, in a cool city, a city that would provide me the environment to grow, discover, learn, always keep me on my tip toes. 

I was going to live in a society that makes me aspire to be a better person, a society that encourages and rewards good principles and morals, a society that does not judge, a society that encourages diversity and freedom of expression and thought. 

The problem, you see, is that none of the above includes my boyfriend. Despite me always being in a serious relationship most of my adult life, the partner bit was never included on the list of "I was going to..."

With this in mind, I've always chosen people who were more than happy to go along with my flow because there was no other flow to follow really. It was my way or the highway - to sound very cheesy.

Now, the big question is... With my plans and future aspirations in mind, how do I find someone that has the same wants as me without having to compromise on the plans or the personality of the man?

And, most importantly, how the hell do I finish "I was going to be with a guy who..."???



No comments: