Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

The finger ballet

When you lie on a pontoon and look at the entire universe with someone who is just as amazed as you are and enjoying it all just as much as you are .... Well, my friends, that's where you realise that you believe in grace and choice. 

The grace of the universe to be putting on such a show for you. The grace of the world to be so beautiful right in those very moments. To be allowed this moment of eternal grace from God. The magic that this graceful man has brought with his simple presence. And his choice to share this with you. Your choice to smile, even if you want to cry. 

Under all those suns in that night, our fingers tapped into our souls. They reached deep into mine. It was all there, up for grabs and I didn't even know it. My heart was so big, so eager to come out and revel in the light of the stars. It wasn't shy at all. 

The constellations called it and there my heart was. On the wooden pallets, with a dress being blown by the breeze and a flashlight in my eyes. The stars all descended into that flashlight and there I was, starring at the universe from the other side. The human side. The side where time exists as seconds and minutes in a human made up 365 days calendar. 

The side where time passes and all good things come to an end. 

There I was, faced with so many stars in front of me. Amazed. So amazed. And happy, at the sound of the waves, with Adam next to me. Magic was all around. Dozens of fairies and witches and wizards. They were all conductors of the orchestra. The stars were the violins, the violas, the cello, joined in by the wonderful flute, the sax - let the trumpets sing and the harp to play the finger ballet. 

And I was dancing. My soul was dancing. I was love. I was nothing, I was the sound. I stopped existing. I was just the wind.

No comments: